Definition and function of cookies
What are cookies? A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, mobile device or other terminal (hereinafter referred to as device) when accessing our website or running our application. Cookies allow us to store and retrieve information about your habits of browsing or about the device from which you access generally in an anonymous way and depending on the information they contain, if you are previously registered, to recognize you as a user or customer.
The information obtained is related to the number of pages you visit, the language, the place from which you access, the number of new users, the frequency and recurrence of the visits, the duration of your visit, the browser or device from which you make the visit or run the application.
Which types of cookies are used by this website?
Own cookies: They are those cookies that are sent to the user’s device from a domain or device managed by us.
• Third party cookies: They are those cookies that are sent to the user’s device from a device or domain that is not managed by The Grand Wines, but by another entity that handles the data obtained through the cookies.
• Session cookies: A type of cookies that expire when leaving the website or closing the application.
• Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies that remain stored on your device for a longer period of time, which ranges from a few minutes to several years.
• Analysis cookies: Those cookies that well handled by GW or third parties allow to quantify the users’ number of visits and use of the application in order to make a measurement and a statistical analysis of their use to correct deficiencies and facilitate the use of the website or application.
• Advertising cookies: When visiting websites, opening e-mails or running an application where we post ads for our products or services, in order to control and monitor the effectiveness of the advertising, cookies are installed in the user’s browser or device which are useful for GW to measure, for example, the number of times the ads are viewed, where they appear, the time in which they are viewed, from where or if you have seen them before.
• Behavioural advertising cookies: They are a type of advertising cookies that are used to store and retrieve information about the users’ behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing for the development of a specific profile to display ads based on it.
Furthermore, when visiting websites, opening e-mails or running an application where advertisements for products or services of GW are published, cookies are installed in the user’s browser that serve to show later advertising related to the search they have made and to manage advertising actions.
Revocation and deletion of cookies
Users can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their devices by configuring the options of the browser installed on their computers or on the privacy options of the device from which they are visiting us. In case the installation of cookies is not allowed in their browsers, the User may be unable to access some of the sections of the website.
For more information on how to do it in case the User uses as browser:
The user can view the videos developed by the Spanish Data Protection Agency in order to explain how to set privacy options from different platforms and devices.