Pago de Cirsus Vendimia Seleccionada comes from young vineyards located in Ablitas in Navarra with an average age of 20 years, located at 350 metres above sea level. Production reaches an average of 4,800 kg per hectare and a very low 1.71 kg yield per grape stock. The climate is extreme continental, with very cold winters and extremely long and dry summers.
Only ripe clusters, with smooth berries that do not reach raisin notes, are selected from the grape harvest. It is distinguished by mature skin roasted nuances together with those acquired by fresh pulp and with balanced acidity. It is Pago de Cirsus “crianza” version, but without the slightest hint of chasing commercial line, typical for this type of wine in a large number of wineries. Hand cluster by cluster selection of Tempranillo and Syrah unveils this purpose. The harvest was taken to the winery in 15 kg boxes per yard and variety. Cold maceration was carried out at 5°C during first 24 hours and then 30% of the wine was fermented in French oak tubs and the remaining 70% in steel tanks. The mixture of the two components was aged for 12 months in new French oak barrels.
It could be called the fruitiest Pago de Cirsus wines, a wine with very pleasant persistence in the mouth, tasty, with a deep aroma and black fruit flavour and creamy toasted aftertaste coming from its ageing in the barrel.